Thread: Mania
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 04:37 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Mania

2 nights ago I got Mania out for her first taming session. I know that at this point I'd only had her 2-3 days but I felt like she was ready.

Normally I leave them at least 3 days without doing anything then start interacting in the cage and building up.

First night I was talking to her. I has tissue in the cage which had my scent on it. However for the most part I was trying to ignore her but she was so curious. Every time I went into the room and she was awake she ran right at the door watching me.

The next evening she did the same thing. I got some treats to get her used to my hand. She wouldn't take the food from me but would nibble the food whilst in my hand. She allowed me to stroke her too.

The next night I got her out. I initially put her in the taming bin but she quickly got stressed so I just had her on my lap. Session was short, only about 10-15 minutes, but a positive one.

Last night I didn't manage to get her out but I did interact with her in the cage. She was happy to take a treat off me this time!

I'm so pleased with the progress she's making. Reminds me of Niko in this sense. Very quick to handle and wants to interact with her humans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210610_210606921_BURST001.jpg (1.65 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210610_210557485_BURST001.jpg (1.41 MB, 10 views)