View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 06:37 PM  
MikeTherk
Newborn Pup

Default How to ban mice without hurting my hamsters

My dog was hunting all over the house today and I thought she was looking for my hamsters. She does that sometimes because I'll let them free roam in certain rooms and she always looks for them afterwards. When I actually got on the floor and started looking around, I found mouse droppings in two rooms.

My husband tried to say that's my hamster's poop, but if you've ever seen mice droppings, there is a drastic size and shape difference. About every other year we get mice in the attic somehow, but it's always been just the attic. Apparently they've found some way to get in.

From past problems with mice in the attic, I know they make plug ins that transmit a frequency that rodents hate. And Irish Spring soap is a scent that they absolutely hate. But how will these two tactics affect my hamsters? I don't want to take the risk.

Plus, snap traps, glue traps or poison blocks... god forbid my hamsters escape during the night and die.

Has anyone dealt with getting rid of mice while trying to keep their hamsters safe? HELP MEEEEE.... lol
MikeTherk is offline   Reply With Quote