View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 05:51 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster escaped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwynthehamster View Post
Oh I had no idea, thank you for telling me, I’ll get straight on it, is there a certain type of glue to use or do you tie the mesh on? I only got her bin cage a few weeks ago because her other cage broke x
To attach mesh I used zip ties but there're a lot more "too professional" methods for me such as using things like bolts that are safe for a hamster and can't nibble on. Not sure how they do it so I stuck to zipties!

Here's my hamsters 709 sq inch bin with the mesh.

EDIT: Oh, just saw Ria's reply, however with mine I actually done it so the mesh is on the underside. Although, I made sure to file the sharp bits down as best I could and it's enough that it doesn't cause any pain whatsoever to my finger. Reason I did it on the underside is because I actually stupidly sawed right down the bits that come up so the mesh would never lie flat, I had to do it from the underside so that it would pull up and close off any big enough gaps that my hamster could squeeze through. It was a lot harder doing it from the other side.