View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 11:22 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: New hamster/cleaning secondhand wooden accessories

I can understand why you went second-hand purchasing, I've been tempted to do this a few times to cut costs but with the same worries I don't want to purchase any second-hand wooden toys from ebay or gumtree in case of any such issue with illness etc.

However, I do trust the marketplace on here quite a bit more than I do eBay etc. since regulars know their stuff and seem quite trustworthy which I'm glad we have a place to feel that! So maybe you can put up posts in future to see if anyone has what you're looking for in the market place thread section of the forums.

Quote:
I went back and asked the seller if I should be concerned about a potential illness given that I cannot fully clean the items and got a rather curt reply expressing no wish to further engage and that items were sold as is.
As with this, I don't really trust that seller from reading that section of your message. It seems a bit fishy and the fact that they don't wish to further engage and politely answer your question makes it seem off.

The only things I would ever consider buying off eBay, Gumtree, Shpock etc. are plastic items like tubing/wheels, some plastic hidey places for transport (so it's not heavy and is safe during any bumps if it does go flying), ceramic items for sand baths, water bowl/bottle and a food bowl (but I usually scatter feed, but for old hamsters, health issues etc.) that I can soak and disinfect in warm water and safe pet cleaning products.