View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:08 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster enclosure upgrade, NEED HELP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Hi there. What size is your bin length and depth? Because tbh it looks fine to me! I wouldn't worry about having deep substrate in every part of the cage. It is often necessary (when fitting a 28cm wheel in) to have no substrate under the wheel and shallower substrate near it (I used to slope the substrate away from the wheel. As long as you have deeper substrate elsewhere in the cage. Some hamsters aren't even bothered by deeper substrate or aren't diggers.

It looks like a really good sized bin cage to me. So don't worry too much about the wheel area having less substrate.

The only way you could have the same sized bin or cage and still have substrate under the wheel, would be to have a taller cage/bin and have the wheel on a platform.
I do love the bin, it's a lovely one and I'm happy with it but also not really happy with it. I hope you can understand what I mean by that haha!

It would be nice to move Remy to a DIY wooden enclosure though since I already plan on getting a desk to put his bin on. With this, if I can find a good ikea DIY thing that I can turn into an enclosure (besides the detolf) I'd be able to use the bin for dwarfs (one at a time of course). I brought Remy from the petshop before ever considering rescuing, so I could use the bin to rescue a dwarf and after Remy start rescuing Syrians which would go in the bigger DIY cage because the height for the wheel.

The size of the bin is ...
(H)x(W)x(D):
49x110x41

It's the 134L really useful box