View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 07:01 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster Wheel Issues - HELP ASAP! CAN'T SLEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
The Trixie plastic wheels are too noisy for a bedroom so the wooden one plastikoted seems to be a practical option for you.

One of our dwarfs lives in our bedroom and has the silent runner. All i can hear are her little paws tapping away which is quite a relaxing sound.

No, i wouldn't take his wheel out either. Couldn't you move him into the lounge or somewhere overnight until the new wheel arrives?

Zooplus usually delivers fairly quickly.
I was reading back through the comments to make sure I had not missed any advice and just realised I had completely missed your response to my comment!

As with moving the hamster to the lounge, honestly not possible to move him anywhere whatsoever, I have two cats, my brother has the smallest room that has all stuff in (he's a gamer ... classic men) and my hamsters enclosure would take up almost the whole walking space he has. The other room is where my grandma sleeps, so she would not benefit from a hamster in her room, she would kick the hamster out into the shed straight away! (she did that with my old hamster back in 2010 when I was 9, I will not let that happen again it is not okay for a hamster to be out in a shed!!) She hates sleeping with animals in her room.

The rest of the house is completely open to my cats, the lounge is not safe for my hamster, my cats know how to open the pull down handle on the door as it's very loose from 65+ years of ware and tare (this house is so old!) and the lounge is the only place downstairs that has a door, the kitchen and porch are all open.

I would try and find a way to put the hamster in the bathroom, but again, there's hardly no space. My room is the only biggest room in the house (enough to fit a king size bed in) and is the safest place for my hamster to be, since my cats have always been banned from my room ever since they clawed my entire bed up and it had to be replaced completely. My cats would continuously claw at the bathroom door since they know no one is in the room so it's really not an option. I'm physically exhausted from having to deal with the clashing and I'm sitting downstairs alone by myself at 3am in the morning because I'm dreading going upstairs. I'm going insane from it. I'd sleep downstairs, but I'd be on the floor and the sofas are way to small to lay on.

I know people are advising me not to take out the wheel, but I'm going to have to remove it for at least 4 hours (from 5am until 9am) just so I can get some hours of sleep and he will be on it for most the time he's awake. He's awake from like 12am to around 7am. I just can't cope with it and this is why I needed to invest in a silent wheel ASAP which I'm so glad I've done. I even tried hanging the wheel upside down to make it bare it's weight on the other way but then it just decided to slide and clash against the plastic instead. I've tried all sorts from trying to place something against the back of the wheel that's soft to stop the clanging to literally hanging it upside down like spiderman, there's nothing else more I can do.

Last edited by Imogen; 06-04-2021 at 07:08 PM.
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote