View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 01:53 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster Wheel Issues - HELP ASAP! CAN'T SLEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
I have both the wooden Trixie and the Silent Runner and I would say that the wooden one is only a tiny bit less silent. All you can hear with the wooden one is their feet pattering on the cork and sometimes a swishing as the wheel turns but it's very quiet. Definitely no louder than normal hamster noises like moving through bedding or digging.

This is a clip with sound of one of my gerbils using it:
Rocket & Storm - YouTube

I find it's a lot quieter once plastikoted because their claws don't scrabble against the cork so much and that wheel wasn't plastikoted when I took the clip.

Zooplus have a very generous returns policy. You can return anything for any reason with free return postage up to 14 days after delivery. So if it doesn't work out you won't be out of pocket at least.
Oh my goodness your clip is a gods sent. I tried finding a clip with a hamster on it but they all mostly had music over if the hamster was on it or they just spoke about it without showing a hamster using it.

It seems so much quieter than the silent wheel, even when it was brand new. The wheel I have made like an echo from the hamsters feet where he tippity tapped on it all night long so this seems perfect! I'm so excited I ended up purchasing in this wooden one. Thank you so much for the clip, massive help!
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote