View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 01:21 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster Wheel Issues - HELP ASAP! CAN'T SLEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ear plugs ? . Until the new wheel comes. Our Syrian has the wood trixie wheel. Totally silent. I have also used the 12” silent runner and although expensive they last for years so end up not being so expensive in the long run. But the roof trixie is a good choice. You paint the plastikote on thin. Including painting the cork surface. I find it best to leave it overnight before doing the second coat (also thin). Too thick and it can go tacky and take ages to dry. But tbh if you need the wheel in ASAP then one cost is probably fine. It makes it wipe clean. I actually only paint the inside of the wheel, not the outside.
OH! I just made another comment and just saw this, so would you say the wooden trixie wheel amounts up to the silence similar to the silent runner? I just looked at a review on YouTube and didn't like the idea that the grip on the silent runner was hard-ish to clean as well as the little gap it has in the running wheel which makes me a little anxious. No doubt it's a popular choice but something I wouldn't entirely like myself.

I know the wooden trixie wheel wont amount to the standards of the silent spinner. But is it still silent enough to sleep?
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote