View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 01:14 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster Wheel Issues - HELP ASAP! CAN'T SLEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
For the wheels I tend to do 3 fairly thin layers (because it dries faster). You need at least 2 layers.

Try not to take his wheel out because night is when they want to run the most, and it is important for them. You could look on selling sites like Facebook marketplace to see if anyone is selling a wheel very cheap. Even it's not a great wheel or quite big enough, it might tide you over until a new one arrives.
I purchased clear Plastikote so I can keep the natural theme throughout my hamster cage. When I checked my paypal balance I noticed I did have enough for a silent runner wheel but decided to carry on with the wooden trixie wheel because I need the rest of the money for my car insurance for my driving test at the end of the month.

However, I'm still thinking whether I did a good choice or not. I know you guys said the wooden trixie is mostly silent but is it silent enough to be able to sleep with and is it better than the clashing than the wheel I have now?

I seem to be quite silly over this but I want to make sure I'm buying something silent, I would buy a silent runner, but in my current situation I need to be as sparing as I possibly can for now so I have money to carry on purchasing food and bedding for my hamster as well as vet fees if ever needed.

Would you say the wooden trixie is just as good as the silent runner? obviously not going to be better, but do they match up to the same kind of "silence"?
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote