View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:40 PM  
MikeTherk
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Rescue Rousey - the hammy I saved from neglect

Update: Rescue's cage is complete. I can now rest knowing she's in an appropriately sized cage with all the right utilizes. She loves her wheel already and sleeps in several locations instead of one.

She is OBSESSED with this dog treat at Petsmart. Orange and Chewch (RIP) love them, too. They're chews that are shaped like alligators. I saw Rachel Victoria post them on her YouTube channel saying they were hamster safe for filing teeth.

She didn't do well with the litter box. She built her house inside the litter box and was basically sleeping in her own urine/poop. Orange was litter box trained with hamster-safe sand and I'm trying that with Rescue. She just likes to dig in there, but ya know, that's what she's supposed to do.
\
She's also not nearly as evil as the previous owners said. Maybe it boiled down to cage aggression and lack of enrichment because all she was in was a small cage with a food bowl. I know I was supposed to wait... but I put her in a big coffee mug and moved her to the bathtub. She had NO problem climbing on me in the bathtub. She lets me pet her and I can pick her up but then she kind of panics. I know I'm supposed to wait but she's just so cute that I couldn't and she she did well with it. Again, she was climbing all over me.
MikeTherk is offline   Reply With Quote