View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 01:24 PM  
MikeTherk
Newborn Pup

Default Any difference in long hair vs short hair care?

I've had three shorthair Syrian ("teddybear") hamsters. My first one was a trainwreck because I was 12 and didn't do any research other than what was provided by PetSmart. (dear god... the cages...). Now that I'm in my 30's, I have so much info and gave Chewch (RIP) and Orange (my current) the best care possible.

Recently, a friend told me her friend didn't want to take care of her hamster anymore because A) she's scared of it because it's not tamed and B) she doesn't want to put the effort into getting knowledge. So, basically, there's just a neglected hamster suffering in a cage somewhere. I asked my husband and he said I could rescue it before it dies of stress, neglect or she "let's it go outside so nature can take its course."

It's a long hair Syrian. I've always had short hair. Is there any difference with food, bedding, etc in regards to a long hair? This baby is off to such a bad start already, I don't want to contribute.

PS: The convo happened on Monday and now they won't answer me, so I'm fearing the worst has already happened.
MikeTherk is offline   Reply With Quote