View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 08:24 AM  
Shamu
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Shamu's not acting like herself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I am very sorry to hear that Shamu is so unwell.

I would touch her to see if she feels cool or cold to the touch and check if she's responding to your voice or touch.

That's what i did when i found a hamster lying on his side breathing rapidly but saw that he was unconscious and unresponsive so i knew that he wouldn't recover. He was in no acute pain or distress so i let nature take its course but would have taken him to the vet if i thought for one second that he's suffering.

It must be very difficult when you had bad experiences with vets before and i totally understand your reluctance. I would feel the same way.

If you take your hamster to the vet and they suggest euthanasia then i'd ask how they do it and insist on gas before the injection.
Thank you so much for replying and for your words. She is cold to the touch. Also I just saw her peeing so I believe that's good news too.. She is responsive, she wakes up from time to time, wobbles around her cage and lays down again. I think she is less wobbly than earlier this morning. She notices when I'm around the cage and she wobbles in my direction and sometimes she tries to sniff me but when I make any movement she lets out a small cry, even when I don't touch her. Then she just goes back to sleep. Her facial expression is very different aswell. She has her eyes half closed all times, ears low.. It's like she's very grumpy all the time. I'm very concernet. The vet visit is in two hours from now.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote