View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 03:16 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Hospital cage ideas

This is also on Pickle's thread but - here's my hospital cage For future reference for ideas. It's a mini duna with a house (all corners and edges sanded to be smooth/curved), a ceramic hide, two chews, food bowl and water bottle, paper substrate and nesting material. You can't really fit anything else in.

It achieves the object of not too much activity or climbing or things to catch or rub the wound against.

A smaller house would have meant I could have added a tunnel or tube maybe, but I was forgetting how large Pickle is - I had a plastic round igloo that might have been ok and fitted in better but he is quite big for it - it's not very tall - plus the entrance is narrow and his sides would rub.

So I think the mini duna is good as a hospital cage - for an average sized syrian with an averaged size house and one extra safe toy. But in hindsight, the standard duna multy with a bigger house in might have been better! For a larger Syrian.

It'll be fine as it is for a few days, but I would like to have added a tunnel.

I tried a shoebox house first but it really was too big for the cage. It fitted but filled far too much of the cage.

Attachment 52329

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:57 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote