Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 05:33 PM  
LolasMom
Newborn Pup

Default Questions

Hi everyone. I had a hamster a long time ago as a kid but this is my first hamster I own by myself and I have questions and comments. I have a Chinese dwarf hamster. I say him/her because the pet store said it was a male then someone convinced me it was female hence the name lola but it turns out it might actually be a male after all but I’ve been referring to it as a she for so long and I wasn’t changing the name

1) can I put my hamster on my bed?

2) I give it Poland spring water. It’s room temperature. Should it be colder?

3) my hamster doesn’t run on the wheel or use the chew sticks but he/she chews on a mini milk bone once a week. Why doesn’t he/she run on the wheel or use the chew sticks?

4). When I take him/her out of the cage it stays nice and calm in my hand while I pet it. Does that mean he/she is comfortable with me or is it scared? It’s like it’s in a trance and then it comes out of it and starts crawling all over the place

5) are the squeaks happy squeaks?

6) it never uses the toilet paper tube I put in the cage

7) it just likes to bury herself in its bedding

when I’m holding him/her it stands up and brings its little paws to its face. Is that a good sign?

All in all he/she is a good hamster. Friendly. Never bites. Just a first time worried momma
LolasMom is offline   Reply With Quote