View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 02:12 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Plaza knock down, bad experiences?

They can't be stacked as it's a knock down cage so designed to come apart and store flat/easily - rather than have a sturdy one piece cage top. My first plaza was fine. My second arrived with a broken plastic part so was useless (got it replaced though).

There are pros and cons to it. I also prefer a solid one piece cage top like the savic cages or alexander. But the plaza is a good shape and size for a syrian and the biggest pro is the front opening door.

But no it is not strong enough to stack another cage on top. I got a console table (shelf at the bottom) to stack two - one on the bottom shelf, one on the table top.

One of the slight cons is if fitting different shelves - the plastic corner pieces are slightly curved inside. For wood shelves I had to cut a little triangle piece off the corners so the shelves fitted.

The Alexander is a great cage. It also has some pros and cons. You're limited where you can put a syrian sized wheel and then can't use all the shelves. Plus it has the small doors and hard to access through the top with shelves in place.

I don't think there is a perfect cage. It would help if spares were available for the plaza.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote