View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 06:45 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Hospital cage ideas

Yes I think that is it - avoiding injury when they are woozy snd maybe not so mobile but a lump removal may not affect mobility that much. Ghosts in snow PMd me with something similar - a mini duna for an op where you don’t want them being too active and damaging their wound but also up to 60cm ish. There isn’t a 60cm tank style and I think the 75cm standard duna would defeat the object as not much smaller than his current cage. Plus he can come out of the cage regularly if need be. A 60cm bin would be ideal but I just have too much going on to start thinking about making bin cages - and am cack handed lol.

Pink - yes there is pink and pink! I don’t mind deep pink or even pale pink, it’s that standard bright girly pink plastic that annoys me . I have been going on about it for about 10 years when everything for girls started to be pink- laptops - all sorts.

I was Googling ladies gardening tools the other day looking for something smaller and all that came up was pink! Considering this is the 21st century it seems a bit sexist to think that pink = girls. What’s wrong with yellow, mauve, green or light blue?! I suppose manufacturers find they sell. But when I was a kid yellow or white was girly (dresses, shoes etc). Or any colour! Likewise all boys stuff is now black! We will all go colour blind.

Rant over! At least the space stickers are multicoloured and genderless (I think).

Last edited by Pebbles82; 05-15-2021 at 06:56 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote