View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 05:02 PM  
wendybear
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Bar Biting Again?!

Hi,
I’ve had my hamster for around 3 weeks now and she’s been doing well. When i first got her, she was in a cage way to small so she used to bar bite and climb the bars so i got a new one and moved her in about a week after i got her. This is the link to her current cage: https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...nline-only%29# She stopped bar biting and climbing when i moved her in and until now. Tonight she’s started to, both, bar bite and climb her cage. I wouldn’t be so worried about her climbing but she keeps falling down and she could injure herself. Any idea why she’s started doing this again?! I’ve read somewhere that it could be boredom, but she has plenty of toys to chew and play with. Along with the bar biting, i’ve heard her teeth chattering. Now i’ve looked this up and is a sign of aggression really so any idea on why she’s suddenly making chattering noises?

Me and her have been getting on quite well. She takes food from my fingers and eats it in front of me. I’ve recently managed to start stroking her. Not much but it’s a start! Could that be the problem? She seems okay when i’m doing it. She doesn’t react in a bad way, however i do it when i’ve given her food or a treat. She lets me stroke her, maybe has a little sniff but let’s me do it again!
wendybear is offline   Reply With Quote