Thread: Pickle's Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 06:51 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Pickle's Thread

Pickle is quite possibly the most laid back hamster we have ever had. Lovely and gentle too. He still scales the sofa like Spiderham and then does his daring walk along the back occasionally looking over the edge. With me there to stop him if he tries! He never does try and just climbs down behind a blanket again. It is an interesting obstacle course as Oh does his paperwork on that sofa and there are often piles of books and lever arch files to clamber over and find a route between. Last night he emerged from a lever arch file looking very perky at having found a “tunnel” along the wide end part.

Anyway as he has always been laid back and is now at a “mellow “ age he is even more laid back if that is possible! When I went to pick him up in the cage I missed slightly and he ended up lying on his back on the substrate. And just laid there not making much effort to right himself - like - pick me up again!

Anyway he is quite adorable as ever and also likes his own company and food is his only real reason to emerge from his nest. If it’s late he pulls the bottle out of its holder with a clash. He will be about 18 months old by now (need to check as I’ve lost track of time!)
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote