View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 01:22 AM  
Ralphieboy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Our young hamster has died

No way “just a hamster” each are so special and have their own little personality. It’s so hard when you lose a part of your family. I said to my husband he heartbreak is so bad, but he reminded me of the joy they bring when they are in our household.
My first hamster Jeff was poorly when we got him, we didn’t realise, we took him to the vets and he was given drops and tablets, but he passed away after only a couple of months, I was heartbroken and hated looking at the empty space where the cage once was. I felt so guilty but I had to get another hamster, not to replace Jeff but to just fill the gapping hole he’d left in my heart! I brought Ralph and made sure he looked nothing like Jeff and said to my husband I’d never be able to bond with him or love him like Jeff, but our relationship grew and he brought me so much joy, I never forgot Jeff but having Ralph in my life made the loss more bearable. The same thing happened when I lost Ralph (he lived to be an old man, but I had to get him put to sleep as I came home and he was squeaking and obviously in a lot of pain). What I’m trying to say is, maybe getting another hamster will help you heal, everyone is different though I just know it really worked for me. If you do decide to get another one, please do it guilt free! Thinking of you at this sad time. x