Thread: Allergies?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 05:02 PM  
Littlemonster21
Newborn Pup

Question Allergies?

Hello, so I wanted to inquire about the symptoms of allergies and what to look for if you think your hamster has allergies. I am not a hamster health expert in any area but I believe one of the symptoms is irritated skin. My hamster Marnie seems to be scratching herself (itching) a lot. I am pretty sure that I can discern the difference between itching and grooming but if anybody has any further advice that that would be helpful. But anyways the only skin that is clearly exposed is behind the hears and it looks slightly pink.....well I guess that it is normal but it looks more red and irritated. Is this a symptom? I'm really not sure if she is becoming excessively bald or itchy because I don't have any photo's to compare to but I haven't noticed any huge changes in her appearance or behavior. What are other symptoms of allergies?

The only thing that I can think of that would be causing allergies would be the aspen that I use. I am using a mixture of aspen and paper bedding for the substrate so removing the aspen would be the simplest solution....if she even has allergies.

I am really uncertain though and I was just wondering how I should move on with this. Thank you!
Littlemonster21 is offline   Reply With Quote