View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 02:37 PM  
rachaelrichards17
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help would be greatly appreciated.

I added on the burrow box because I had done a bunch of reading saying that it would make her happier because they burrow regularly in the wild and need to be able to mimic their natural behaviors. I guess instead of reading suggestions on adding the burrow box I should’ve just deepened her substrate lol. I can take a picture of the home we’ve built for her, just ignore the fact that she has a smaller wheel and saucer. I started her out with a 9” wheel knowing she’d get bigger and her new 12” wheel is expected to arrive on Saturday so I’ll be removing the smaller stuff then. Gotta keep up with her growing. My next adjustment will be enlarging the tunnels that attach her rooms together. I would love everyone’s suggestions on what I can do to alter it in any ways that will make her happier. She is very dear to us so I am regularly looking for information on how to raise her right. I like the shoebox nest idea. The “hut” she had originally was rather big I thought but I’ve come to realize there is no “big enough” in the hamster world lol. I also read somewhere not to put their houses on the floor. My daughters only here part time and she’s pretty quiet when she is here so Sequoia stays in this room where it’s quiet and calm and I check on her each morning and let her out each night when she gets her veggie. I’m the one responsible for Sequoia the majority of the time. She originally resided at my daughters dads but they wouldn’t upgrade her habitat or provide for her properly and within a few weeks it became obvious Sequoia was unhappy. She was destructive of her home and always restless and when Becca brought her here she was a different hamster. It’s much quieter here and we’re much more involved with her care then they were there so we decided she would reside here with me full time. So we’ve gotten to present lol. I’ll attach a pic of her house if I’m able. I would love all the feedback I can get on improvements and I’ll get to work on this new house for her. Or I guess maybe I should wait until her potty arrives Saturday. Or better yet, what do you all suggest using for a potty?
rachaelrichards17 is offline   Reply With Quote