View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 11:56 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: My Robo has got Alopecia

Update: I think Comet's fur is looking better, so no idea if it was the medicine or changing the bedding.
I think if I looked at him now I wouldn't really notice that much wrong with him, maybe just think he looks a bit scruffy. Last week it was like he had 2 circular patches.

Serendipity, I know Alopecia just means fur loss and maybe the vet jumped the gun a bit with the mites just being out of whack without a scraping. To be honest as I wasn't in the room I don't know if they did this and looked under a microscope I would have to ring them to confirm, it is not specifically mentioned on the bill.. so possibly not. To be honest, both hamsters were at the vets that day and having conversations on the phone always makes me ill so I forget things and I only had 4 hours sleep the night before.

Either way, I think if he was just moulting would he have started to look better so quickly if it wasn't for the medicine/change of bedding??? Any thoughts???

I have had fur loss in my elderly hamsters i.e. underneath and around their scent glands, in my opinion this didn't look like that, but I'm not an expert.

I'm going to see how he goes in the next week and if all looks good, I agree with you and possibly won't give him any more of the medicine. I will hopefully get to speak to the rescue about it all and see what they say.