View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 03:46 AM  
Petite
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Hammy doesn't seem right....

Thanks for your reply, Serendipity. Thus far the honey seems to be doing the trick in as much as the Baytril is getting inside her. But 5 days in there doesn't seem to be any change. She is still unsteady and falling over, and this could leave me with a very hard decision to make over the weekend. The really hard question is that I can't tell how much quality of life she has. She is eating less and looking a bit thinner, and not really playing as she used to. Last night she tried briefly running in her wheel but quickly gave up as she was very wobbly. She emerges in her nest late evening to be fed and medicated, and then goes back. I don't hear her at all at night. Her ears are not pressed back so I still don't think she's in pain, but she's not herself, seems disorientated and sways her head about as she walks. She often seems to be trying to stare up at the sky, and sometimes falls over backwards as a result. Seeing her like this breaks my heart. I really don't know what to do for the best.
Petite is offline   Reply With Quote