Thread: Urine Colour?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 05:41 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Urine Colour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyBelby View Post
You should try to change the food and see if the color change was because of the food, also if you have red/orange colored food, if they are that color because of dies I would not use that food. Dies are not good in hamster food, I recommend using the Higgins Sunburst food and mix it with the Missouri rat and mouse pellets. That would be the PERFECT food, the rat/mouse pellets would just add more protien because the Sunburst just needs a little more, that would be the best pet store food, other pet store foods are not very good for hamsters actually.. I hope you figure out your problem, and I hope you and your hamster have a wonderful day!
While in the US the proper diet would be Higgins Vita Garden(not Sunburst - that one has lots of dried fruit which isn't the most appropriate thing to be included in a daily hamster diet) with Pure Bites added(not lab blocks which aren't very high quality themselves), this unfortunately wouldn't apply to a lot of users here based in the UK(OP included).

For the UK, in terms of quality I would consider Rodipet to be the best. It's very minimally processed, no artificial additives including dyes, etc. Some of their foods are a bit low in protein but there are great whole food sources of protein - freeze dried hamster safe meats as well as boiled egg just to name a couple.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote