View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 02:06 PM  
rachaelrichards17
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. It’s greatly appreciated. I am hoping that the potty training idea will go over well with our sweet little hammy. My main concern is still the problem with getting into the bottom of this burrow box and cleaning a potty out(getting it out and back in) or just removing soiled material which ever way we end up. How do I go about doing so without demolishing her burrow? It had been about two weeks so I finally broke and attempted to locate and remove the material that she’s wet on and it was a disaster. I tried to just remove the top half of the bedding and such from the box so I could lightly feel down into her burrow and determine where her potty was, nest, food stash etc and just taking the bedding off the top collapsed most of her hollowed out area. We spent a great deal of time trying to rebuild it into something resembling what it was from what I could gather. Needless to say she was not happy with us once back in her habitat and aware of what had happened. I swear the next morning she was making chattering noises at me as though she was still bothered. I gave her a piece of strawberry as an apology but going forward how can we clean without doing damage? Even if it is more rarely. We’ve read up on Syrians and wet tail so we can’t help but worry. Our main objective is to always keep her happy and healthy. Thanks again for the advice.
rachaelrichards17 is offline   Reply With Quote