View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 09:29 PM  
rachaelrichards17
Newborn Pup

Default Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all. My daughter and I are new here as well as fairly recent to raising her Albino Syrian Sequoia. She was adopted by my 16 year old daughter in January after a bit of schooling and we’ve been learning lots more since in hopes we can give her the best life she most definitely deserves. With that we recently added on a 14” x 14” burrow box to her always growing habitat. She abruptly moved herself right in to the bottom of it moving her food stash and completely filling and closing off her old hut which I thought was pretty funny. But so now she’s made this very intricate burrow/nest underneath about 8 inches of bedding/hay/aspen and moved from peeing in two specific corners of her house to peeing in what I’m guessing is a potty tunnel in the burrow box that I can’t easily access. I’m very particular about keeping her habitat clean and tidy. I typically remove her wet soiled bedding daily and do a spot clean of her poops once to twice a week along with a complete clean about every 4-6 weeks. How do I go about finding and removing her wet nesting material without destroying her hard work in building this burrow???
I have ordered play sand to bake and fill a bigger sized closed top potty I think will be easier to bury back once removed and hopefully we can potty train her to make things less complicated in the future. Is that a good idea and if not what do I do???? Please help!!! Thank you so much.
rachaelrichards17 is offline   Reply With Quote