View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:11 PM  
Vierville
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Meet out new baby

Thank you everyone for your lovely messages.

She is such an active and friendly little thing...it is almost 3AM here and I've just been into her room to check on the hams and she was running and running at full tilt on her wheel. The lovely thing is that she is already responding to being called by coming straight to the bars when I call her.

@flowerfairy, yes I love having the hamsters in the study. I spend a lot of time in there, often very late at night as I'm much more of a nighttime person and get a lot done in the small hours of the night so I get to see them when they come out. I usually keep the room quite dark and only use my desk lamp late at night so it doesn't disturb them.

@LunaTheHamster1, the local pet store that I usually support for my pet supplies and where I got her from doesn't get its hamsters (or bunnies) from a breeder or supplier but rather only has older hams who need to be rehomed or litters from people whose hamsters have unexpectedly become pregnant, which sadly is often the case. They seem quite ethical and promote the use of proper and safe bedding and better quality food etc...

She already has a very healthy appetite for cauliflower and mealworms, which are proving a big hit with her!
Vierville is offline   Reply With Quote