View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 05:52 PM  
Vierville
Hamster Addict

Default Meet out new baby

After the very untimely passing of our beloved Baldrick two weeks ago the hamster room was so depressingly quiet.

Our other two lads are both getting on in age, Nanuk, at 2 yrs 2 months old is very very old now but still tries to run on his wheel a bit, but mostly sleeps. Norman is 1 yr 9 months old and very quiet, coming out only very late at night.

I really was missing Baldrick's engaging and outgoing presence. Every time I entered the room, without fail, Baldrick would be there, at the corner of his cage closest to the door, waiting for attention. When I worked in that room (it is my study) I'd hear him scuttling around his cage. Before he got ill he used to run on his wheel all night, climb on his bars and every now and then we'd hear a 'thud' from the hamster room as Baldrick fell off his bars or had some other clumsy mishap. His passing left a hole in our home that was achingly evident.

A few days ago, I needed to go to the pet store to get some bird seed. They have an adoption section. Long story short, I returned home with a new family member. We think she's a little girl but it's hard to tell just yet as she is tiny, only four weeks old. She is settling in so well and already sits on my hand and comes over to the side of the cage when she sees us.

She has brought such life and joy to our home.

20210426_160642_resize_84.jpg

20210430_231233_resize_80.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20210430-WA0002_resize_4.jpg (282.1 KB, 12 views)
Vierville is offline   Reply With Quote