View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 08:44 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default My Robo has got Alopecia

Comet went to the vets on Friday as I noticed fur loss on his back end.

Comet Alopecia - YouTube

You can see the two circles on his lower back end in the video.
Looking back on videos you can sort of see it on some videos I have from the 17th April, but it is barely noticeable,
It is only now that I know that I can see the start of it.

They said it was alopecia and it can sometimes just happen as mites live on them normally, but something can have gone out of whack.

There has been no scratching or itchy, still eating, running around, no weight loss etc.
So he is on medicine.

Anyway as a precaution I am changing and cleaning everything in his cage.

So I am temporarily setting him up in a zoozone as I am not well enough to deep clean his normal cage in one go. This way I can take my time and see how he goes in the zoozone.

I thought I would set it up with Fitch first and some plastic items so easy to keep cleaning if I have to.

I used some coloured carefresh bedding with him for the first time, and I used the same bedding with Twinkle my syrian and he is fine, I am wondering if he has an allergic reaction to it. I know in the past my syrian Star had an allergic reaction (both her eyes closed up - prob with the dust) to white carefresh whilst my other syrian Luna was fine.
I have to say though I didn't find this coloured carefresh dusty like that white was.

He already has flax seeds, but is it evening primrose that is meant to help too? If so, what do I need to be looking for when buying it, how do I give him it and how often/what dose.

Is there anything else I need to be doing?

I actually came on here to ask a specific question and now that I wrote all this, I forgot what else I was going to ask Typical.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comet Alopecia - YouTube

Last edited by LunaTheHamster1; 05-02-2021 at 09:13 AM.
LunaTheHamster1 is offline   Reply With Quote