Thread: Maximus
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 02:18 AM  
VOESSY
Adult Hamster

Default Maximus

After a beautiful year and four months with Mocha I felt ready to take in another hamster. It wasn't particularly on my mind the day I browsed around in ads, but stumbled upon one for a 4 week old dwarf hamster boy. I didn't have a habitat ready yet so I thought someone would scoop him up quickly. I put a favorite heart on him, just to keep an eye anyway. While I was finishing building the habitat I intended for the next little one, his ad was closed and I assumed he was adopted. When I was finished and ready to adopt one in need from a rescue nearby, almost the same hour as I was preparing an email to the facilitators, the ad popped up again, only now he was listed as a 6 week old with the same picture. I took this as a super sign and I made contact to see if he could be my match.

Yesterday I finally brought this beautiful little russian dwarf hybrid home, and I couldn't be happier. His name is Maximus. All the way home he was burrowing and poking his little snout out from various holes. He was quite spooked when offered to come out of it to get into his habitat, but with some patience and encouragement he strolled right out of the carrier and onto his house, further exploring deeper into the creases and tunnels, finding his feet and some confidence.

He is housed in an ikea detolf. I am sort of happy with the set-up, but will probably reserve a section for sand next time I make changes. For now he's installing himself, all burrowed down and exploring at night. We'll see what comes next. Welcome home, Maximus. ♡

Small video of him exploring
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Last edited by VOESSY; 05-02-2021 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
VOESSY is offline   Reply With Quote