View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 03:55 AM  
emmylou
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Possible allergies?

Hi again. Has no one experienced anything similar to this?

I will be going back to the vet in a few weeks, but in the meantime I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. I have now given him the second dose of medicine for parasites/mites (a drop of a mixture that I put on his neck). I have also tried to apply this spray that I wrote about, every couple of days. He doesn't always want to wake up when it's time to put on the spray, so I haven't done it every day, like the vet asked.

I feel like his skin now looks less red, and more natural pink. The original spot on his back has a lot of new hair growth. However, now he is losing more fur higher up on his neck. In addition to this, there are two red dots on his skin in that area. I don't know if they are scratches, or insect bites?

As I said, I gave him his second dose of mites medication yesterday. This is applied in the excact area where he is now losing more fur.

Could it be that the first dosage he got 3 weeks ago, is causing the fur loss in that area? That the area on his back was due to allergies towards Carefresh, and the area on his neck is because of the mites medicine? Or are the two red dots a sign of the mites returning?

I can take a photo of the area tonight when he wakes up, if anyone has input.

The vet told me to clean his skin with some pads/wipes from the Vet's office if he developed scratches. So I did that in stead of the spray these last two days.

He is acting normal besides this. What can it be?
emmylou is offline   Reply With Quote