View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 09:37 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: New Home Questions :)

I think of it as like the initial settling in period when they first come home. So at least two weeks of just leaving everything alone and no clean outs. If you moved everything across without cleaning (eg old bedding transferred and similar layout) she might settle a bit quicker and be a lot less skitty after a couple of days but even then I would leave well alone for two weeks at least. Yes keep talking to her. And she can come out as well - if she shows signs of wanting to come out. But might be a bit skitty out of the cage at first as well. It’ll all settle down though.

Which cage is she in now? That helps think about wheels. The silent runner is quite tall so doesn’t fit in every cage. It’s 35cm tall
On its stand. It can be bar mounted and then it’s only the 30cm diameter height but that needs to be above cage base mostly (so it doesn’t get stuck on the sloping base). Do your bars would need to be approx 30 cm high above the base.

I don’t think a squeaky wheel does then any harm but it can be annoying. A cheaper option that fits most cages is the 28cm plastic trixie wheel. About £9. Most people find it quite quiet. If you happen to get a noisy one. Send it back for exchange! (Helps if you get it on Amazon).
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote