View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 07:14 AM  
yasmin_the_hamster
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Adopted hamsters Yggrid and Gudrun

Thank you Ria for your kind answer and for all the advice. I hoped that you will reply, since I know that you have so much experience with fostering animals.

I really adore you for that. It is not only financially, but mainly emotionally exhausting. I basically cried the whole first week I got them, because I was still thinking about the terrible conditions they were living in and also how many other hamsters must live like that. I guess fostering is not for everyone, or at minimal it needs some psychological training to deal with the pain.

I am also very active on Czech hamter forums, trying to educate people. I see the same things all the time, unethical breeders, hamsters held together in one cage, even people saying how they will let the hamsters into the wild if someone does not adopt them. Do you please have some tips on, how to say it properly, I guess do some mental hygiene? It makes me happy that I can help people for example not to use dangerous wheels, but on the other hand, there is a lot of negativity out there.

Tereza
yasmin_the_hamster is offline   Reply With Quote