View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 08:15 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Tiny Friends Bathing Sand?

This morning I received some tiny friends bathing sand in the mail from someone I know, it was a day early birthday present since my birthday is today (as of the UK timezone).

Anyway, I put it in my new hamsters cage for about 20 minutes, he went in it for a good 5 minutes and that's it. He did a few little flips and twists and dug around a bit. However, some reason my mind told me to go look up sand bathing videos on YouTube and I re-watched a YouTubers video with some good set-ups as I wanted some ideas on where to place it.

She mentioned the sand I had received, and she showed some reviews on it from Amazon and I was completely in shock. I'm a little panicked, I hope the 5 minutes hasn't done any damage but I'm wondering if this is true?

I've classed myself as a beginner hamster owner, I haven't had a hamster since I was 10 which was 10 years ago now and I knew they were into sand baths and lots of enrichment etc. and a good balanced diet.

If the sand is bad, do you reckon my hamster is ok with just 5 minutes of exposure? I've ordered a kids play sand bag for £5 which comes with 15kg of sand. A massive difference to 1kg for £3 so he'll have to make do without sand again for 1 more extra day.

Many thanks! x
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote