View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 01:33 PM  
Juno99
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster constantly trying to escape everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite View Post
Is your ham a Syrian? If so, I understand that some can be very hard to please space-wise. Does she have enough entertainment and enrichment in her cage and the room you let her free-roam in? My dwarf sometimes chewed bars in her playpen, but then we started giving her a collection of long tubes, and now when she's in the playpen that's all she's bothered about doing. It might just be that your ham is an explorer at heart. I wonder if you could put some hanging toys or similar in the corners of her cage to distract her a bit?
Thank you for your reply

Yes she is a Syrian. She has a wheel, lots to climb and chew, areas for digging and i scatter feed. The last couple of times I have had her out I have put enrichment out in the room and she completely ignores it and instead chews my carpet.

I have got one hanging toy but i will add some more in the places she climbs the most. I have another female Syrian who is also quite a handful but not as bad with bar chewing and does not climb. My male Syrian was the most easy to please hamster ever so this is quite a step up!

Thank you for all your suggestions, I really appreciate it
Juno99 is offline   Reply With Quote