View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 05:30 AM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: A Hamster Called George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Dear George,

i'm glad to hear that we share the exciting hobby of Tunneling!
We could start a club and call ourselves the " The Tunnel Rats". Do you think that we could generate some interest here?

Have you had any luck with taming your human Big Paw yet or is he still playing up?

I got very annoyed with Big Nose when she blocked my tunnel the other night by attaching something to my wheel. My wheel! My tunnel! How dare she.
I showed my annoyance and kicked and punched this thing called "stand" until she finally got the message and removed it. I had to rebuild the tunnel under my wheel which leads from under my platform to my coconut.
This silly human expected me to walk across on top of my substrate instead of using a perfectly functionable tunnel. How crazy is that.

I overheard a conversation between Big Nose and a vet. Apparently, my neighbour Ozzy who lives in the cul-de-sac is a hamster with hygiene issues. I know, this is a tad personal. According to Big Nose he does not take care of his personal hygiene even though she had given him a bigger sandbath.

Ok, that is Ozzy's business.....but....two days later i have been given a bigger sandbath!
Is Big Nose saying that i am a hamster with hygiene issues?!
I am certainly not and would feel very offended to be described as such. Big Nose needs to clarify her reason as to why she has given me a bigger sandbath. Until such time i will continue to refuse to climb onto her hand to fetch my linseeds.

I do like my new sandbath though and can now chuck my sand three times as far as before. That's another one of my hobbies but we can talk about this next time.

I will instruct Big Nose to fetch me a blueberry. Thank you for the recommendation. Does it need peeling?

Your dear friend

Monty

Dear Monty,

Have you instructed Big Nose to fetch you Blueberries yet? they don't need peeling btw.

Big Paw is still trying to tame me according to his ideas of taming, I am allowing me to be stroked by him, he tries to pick me up but that I will not allow, so I squirm and jump from his hands, he calls me silly sometimes I land awkwardly he calls it a face plant what ever that is..

Strangely I have had a new much larger sandbath, and like you I get to kick sand over even more places, it is much fun.

As for tunnelling I don't use the door for my nest box I go in under the side and tunnel under there.
I have a special watching spot too, I have tunnelled under my tubes into a corner of my living space and I can watch what goes on from there. Big Paw still calls me silly though.
Yes Monty we should be called the tunnel rats, maybe we can make team?

Must dash as I can hear him getting up, he sleeps during the day, do you think he has Hamster Genes?
TTFN
Your fellow Tunnel Rat
George
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote