View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 07:19 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Sweet dreams, Artemis

I know I don't really use this forum much anymore, but I thought I should just come back to dedicate this to Artemis. Last Sunday at about 1am, I found her curled up in her forever sleep. She'd taken to sleeping in an open nest, by her bottle and food bowls in the last few months and I could just see she had gone and hadn't touched much of her soft food from Friday night. She was about 3 and 1-2 months, so pretty old and this was in no way unexpected. I have found comfort in the fact it was peaceful and she lived a very long and comfortable life. I think she waited to see me one last time before she passed (I held her Friday night when I came back to my dad's). She would still poke her nose out multiple times a day to say hello and get some food as recently as a couple of weeks ago. Out of all my hamsters, she was definitely the most active and I got to spend the most time with her. I am just grateful for all the memories I have with her and she really had a huge personality. She was so sweet and tame, but very fidgety and just wanted to explore everything. I love her so much and she is greatly missed. She had the cutest little face and she would always come out of her nest as soon as I put fresh baby food out for her.

I still have Bucky (my robo) at least and he turned 1 in February. He's now been upgraded to Artie's Savic Plaza and he seems to be enjoying all the extra cage space. I think this is his first time in a barred cage. I was careful to put lots of shelves in, so there's no drastic height drops, but I haven't even seen him climb the bars yet, so I think he'll be okay.

I don't feel like adding anything else, I just think it will upset me more. Rest in peace Artemis, and I look forward to the day I eventually see you again. Thank you for everything, you were truly an angel.