View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 11:42 PM  
Dodo
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Roborovski first time owner (soon)

Hello,

From the various forums and facebook groups I’ve been consulting Robos are better by themselves. Even when no fighting is perceptible there often seems to be some quite sustained bullying, and once separated the submissive one becomes much more chilled. There may be exceptions of course, but I wouldn’t think it is worth risking. I’ve adopted a Robo last week, and they are absolutely fascinating. Many are very shy and will rarely be spotted, others not so much. Mine starts running like crazy in his cage when I come in the evening, pacing along the bars waiting for his dinner. And then starts searching for his food (I scatter feed him) everywhere. They’re also quite agile for hamsters, climbing and jumping, so it’s important that their environment is super safe in case they fall. I highly recommend them, they’re adorable, but try looking for a rescue. Because they are so small many people buy them at kids’ pets, which they definitely aren’t. They keep them in the tiniest cages with unsuitable wheels and get rid of them after a fee months. If you check pets4home or gumtree there may be adds close to you. Good luck and keep us posted if you get one!
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote