View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 02:55 AM  
mimmi
Newborn Pup

Default Re: She's scared of me after months being happy

Hello guys,

Oh, I'm so happy I've found this community, thank you so much for your answers! It really helps!

OK, I do agree that a fall like that wouldn't traumatize her that badly.
I have 2 kids (4 and 7) and I considered that Mimmi was a bit traumatized from them, as they picked her up etc. However even though they were a bit too much on her she was very attached to me and used to climb on to me to escape from them. And that has changed, she runs away quickly as soon as she sees me.
This is how she used to be Mimmi - YouTube

Short after she started to change her behaviour I demanded the kids to stop picking her up, only if she comes to them, and they would soon put her on the floor again. They listened and they have been very good with Mimmi. When she's awake they sit on the floor quietly, she comes to them, gets food, stays a bit and then go home. It's not that bad. But I know that she's been scared for quite some time now. She jumps for minimal noise. It feels like she's stressed and scared.

Anyway, sending pics of her house/garden.
She used to make home in other places like behind cushions in the sofa so it's been about 2 months that I put her stuff in those boxes as a new home, and she seems to like it. So, she's not using her cage anymore, at all. I think she goes there to drink water and that's all.
So she seems to like her home in a box, inside another box lol
And she can go home whenever she wants.

Under the kitchen table there's always some fruits and vegetables and seeds, she goes during the night and collect them.

I really can't figure out what I've done that caused her that stress.
I am trying to tame her again, but don't see any progress.

Could it be that she's just grown old?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mimmi1.jpg (528.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg mimmi2.jpg (646.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg mimmi3.jpg (988.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg mimmi4.jpg (981.4 KB, 11 views)
mimmi is offline   Reply With Quote