View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 06:16 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Rescue Robo coming up this afternoon! Advice and encouragement needed :)

Robos are very fast, naturally shy and often enough hamsters to watch rather than handle. Like with all hamsters, a lot depends on their personality though.

Our first rescue Robo took three months to pluck up the courage to come onto my hand to get some linseeds and that's pretty much as far as we got tamingwise. He hated to come out of his habitat so i only took him out for a health check now and again. I had to put him straight back in or he'd start to squeak angrily.

Our current Robo will come onto my hand and take mealworms from my fingers by his door but won't go into a transport ball to go into the playground now. He did at first because he was curious i think. I go at his pace and let him decide what he wants to do and when. If he doesn't want me to handle him and decides against out of cage time that's fine with me but i will offer from time to time.
His Hamster Heaven is on wheels so i may wheel it to the closeby secure play area and leave his door open with a long bendy ladder leading out and see what happens.

Keep in mind that Robos can jump.
They run incredibly fast in their wheels and sometimes throw themselves out for the fun of it. Best to keep the surrounding area well cushioned.

They are delightful and i wouldn't want to be without one.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote