Thread: Lost ashes
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:05 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Lost ashes

I am so sorry. I have had two of our hamsters cremated and it never actually occurred to me to check the quantity of ashes (they are still in their containers). I cannot actually imagine how much ash is created per weight. But they have admitted an error and tried to make recompense.

The important thing now is what would make you feel better about things. I assume you will be returning the ashes? Or possibly going to scatter them anyway?

I think personally it is about our memory of our loved little friend, who has now gone to the rainbow bridge. When they leave us, all that is left is their lifeless body. We seek to treat that with respect, either by cremation or burial and sometimes to create a memorable place/grave for them.

So if you think of it that, wherever his ashes are - he is free - no longer in pain and playing over the rainbow bridge, that might help. And if you want a memorial of his life and time with you, you could have a photo framed possibly or have a pebble with his name on either to keep inside or outside.

But if you feel a memorial would upset you ever time you see it, then instead we have our thoughts and memories of the love and happy times x
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote