View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 04:18 PM  
ninaa
Newborn Pup

Default My russian hamster only eats seeds

Hello everyone! I just made this account cause I have some questions regarding my Russian Hamster diet.

I'm not new to hamsters, since I had a syrian one quite some years ago. I would give him one of those mixes and he would eat most of it.

However, my new russian hamster, Nina, only eats seeds. I bought her a mix which has pellets, crushed peas, corn, sunflower seeds, some nuts and dried worms. She only eats the peas, corn seeds and nuts, and sometimes she eats the dried worms, but she will not touch the pellets. When I give her some food as treat she only picks those things, she never even bothers to smell the pellets for a second, she just refuses to eat them.

Recently I've read only eating seeds is actually bad for hamsters, so I bought her pellet food. Only pellets. She hasn't touched them after 12 hours. Thing is, she doesn't even seem to bite her mineral stone or her biting wood. But she does try to bite me a lot, especially my hands and fingers.

What do you think I should do? I guess she will eventually eat the pellets if it's the only thing she can eat... I thought about putting just a few seeds in her plate to encourage her to eat, but I'm afraid she will only eat those lol.

What do you think I should do? Wait and see what happens?
ninaa is offline   Reply With Quote