Old 03-21-2021, 05:21 PM  
sushi_78
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: My gerbils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Maris View Post
Sushi 78:
How are your gerbil pairs doing?
I'm still gerbil-less. I'd like to get a pair from a breeder, but there don't seem to be any in western Canada. If the border ever opens, there might be one in Washington or Oregon.
Because I hope to travel a bit, maybe I should wait until next year. Maybe pick a couple up on my return trip, if there are any available.
Meanwhile, Bean briefly graces me with his company at least once every couple of days.
Hi,

I still have my four. We celebrated their second birthday at the beginning of the month (it was the actual birthday of two of them, and the birthdays of the other two are unknown so they shared the party). Unfortunately my female Rocket is having some health problems. She's drinking a lot of has lost a bit of weight. The vet could find nothing obviously wrong so we're just keeping an eye on her.

2 years is not old for a gerbil but it is the age from which health issues tend to start to appear. I'm finding it hard having four all the same age. In hindsight, it was not the best idea. In future, if I keep two pairs, I'll try to spread out the ages more.

Try contacting the American Gerbil Society about breeders. Although US-based, they have links with Canadian breeders too. There is one called Royal Wings Gerbils in Calgary.
sushi_78 is offline   Reply With Quote