View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 03:51 AM  
mazzypan
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Preparing for the inevitable

hi guys. i made a post about how Edward had developed a throat tumour extremely quickly (age 1 1/2). the risk of surgery was too high given the area of it. he deteriorated so quickly, within the week before his tumour he lost lots of fur. i was going to take him to another vet in case they could maybe give him some medication, and honestly im regretting that now, but up until this weekend he was his usual self so i thought lets see how things go because nothing can really be done about the tumour and medication would perhaps prolong his suffering as the tumour was getting bigger. but over the weekend he gradually started sleeping more, and yesterday since i hadnt seen him so i lifted up his hut. he began squeaking and wheezing, i picked him up but he was so fragile, i put him back down and he toppled over while walking and i can see he hasnt eaten or had a drink or come out in the night. i was thinking of booking the vet appointment immediately in case this is something not linked with the tumour, and if they could give him medication. but he is essentially hanging on by a thread right now. i really dont know what to do. i keep thinking is booking the vet really worth it. at this point seeing him like this i think its his time to go, and maybe if he stays like this another day i should take him back to the vets to be put to sleep because he is suffering. and then i get mad at myself because i think maybe if i took him to another vet last week he couldve had medication and lived longer. its so horrible to see my active, crazy hammie this way, i dont really know how to deal with it, i just dont want to see him like this.