View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 02:18 AM  
TheyCallMeChips
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My hamster's cage (Syrian Hamster/Savic Hamster Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
Hiya! I see so many good things in this cage, it is wonderful: the multi-chamber hide, the hide on top of it, the large wheel, the little sand bath. I think you did a great job considering the space. 2 further suggestions/questions: how deep is the bedding? 6 inches is recommanded at least in some part of the cage (and I would suggest you top up the part with the multichamber hide etc. to encourage burrowing underneath) and I see you have a food bowl, but maybe you could stray sprinkling the food as it encourages them to forage which is a great boredom breaker. Have fun with your super cute hammie!
The bedding is about 6 inches deep - the only place where it's not filled to the top is where the wheel is, since it won't fit otherwise. I'll definitely try that with his hideout, though! Cleaning would be a nightmare, but I can imagine he'd have a blast digging through lol.

With the food bowl, I generally put about 1/2 scattered around his cage and 1/2 in his food bowl, just in case he should have any trouble finding the food around his cage lol. Some days I won't use the food bowl at all, and I'll just use one of those cardboard treat parcel things.
TheyCallMeChips is offline   Reply With Quote