View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 05:59 PM  
Jesika_
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesika_
Default Re: My hamster give birth suddenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Hello and welcome. As for introducing the pair - don't! You may have a male and a female. In any case it is better to only keep sibling pairs, and not introduce dwarf hamsters to live together.

It's important not to disturb the cage now until the pups are coming out of the nest on their own with their eyes open (if they aren't yet). Or the Mother could cull them. Just put plenty of food and bedding out.

I think it's about four weeks you need to separate male from female robos but it is not easy sexing them. Easiest way is in a glass jar, one at a time. Scoop one up and hold the jar up and look underneath. Even then it is not always clear if they are male or female (but check photos of male and female robo underparts). When it comes to separating them at four weeks, definite females can stay in with the Mother. Definite males can stay together in a separate cage. Any "not certain" sex will need to be kept separate.

Robos breed like wildfire and a boy could mate with the Mother or a sibling.

This site has a lot of info about robos (breeding, sexing etc).

Oak Farm Roborovskis

Just stupid me... I have do what you say on saturday night.. putting them in my betta soliterr, looking underneath.. and i got no problem sexing them as i saw big testicle on my male and 4nipples on my female and i dont realized it because she is pregnant. If yesz maybe i will send her back to the previous owner who has more experience than me. 😭

I try not to touch them and bother them..
Just once when i move the litter and the MOM to smaller cage so they cant get separated too far from each other..

The litter though, goes from 5 to only 2 now. 😭
This is what i dont want to happen
Jesika_ is offline   Reply With Quote