View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:41 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Went in for a Vet appointment...Meet Cocoa!

Hello - I have some unfortunate news about little Cocoa.

About a month ago, I noticed a large lump on Cocoa's tummy. She was fussing about with it and so I took her to my local vets (who are great with hamsters).

Unfortunately, after a thorough check of the lump, my vet diagnosed Cocoa with a stomach tumour and it was causing her pain and wasn't going to improve. She said that it would be best if Cocoa was put to sleep, but it was my decision.

I didn't want Cocoa to suffer any more and it was obvious that the lump was painful and her life wasn't going to improve with medication etc. so I sadly made the decision and agreed with the vet about sending Cocoa to the Rainbow Bridge. The vet gave me (and Mum) a little time alone with Cocoa whilst she got the injection to allow Cocoa to be free from pain and suffering. It was during these few minutes that Cocoa actually licked my finger - as though agreeing with me about letting her go and giving me a kiss goodbye. A few minutes after the vet gave her the injection - Cocoa slipped peacefully away.

I've also now made the decision not to keep Syrians any more. I am possibly going to get another Russian Dwarf when Bonnie goes, but I'll make that decision when that happens.

Just wanted to update and also post Cocoa's passing.

Mweekie xx

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote