Thread: Bin Help
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 10:29 AM  
Shastings
Newborn Pup

Default Bin Help

Hi, I am new. I am looking at making DIY bin cage for a hamster and unsure if it is suitable size for a Syrian hamster (for adopting one in the future). I'd prefer a male Syrian over a female I've read they are happy with less space where as a female will get more easily stressed about not having enough space.

My bin is a Sterilite 200 Qt. Stacker Box Taupe Splash (that's copied from the website)

Okay the website reviews say it's a good size for a Syrian hamster and that it measures 612 sq inches inside, but I have measured it myself and personally I get about 35 x 17 inches if you measure from the inside bottom which brings it to 595 sq inches inside?

Is that really big enough for a male Syrian or should I use it for a dwarf instead?

I was thinking about getting a 75 gallon breeder tank if I ever got a Syrian but I saw this bin and decided to get it and use it even if not for a Syrian then just a dwarf hamster

What are the sq inches inside a 75 gallon breeder tank though? Should I look for other options?
Shastings is offline   Reply With Quote