View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:34 PM  
kezza30
Newborn Pup

Default Emergency bin cages for 2 little dwarfs

So yesterday there was an advert for 2 separate Russian dwarfs that a lady wanted gone ASAP as in 24 hours. Usual thing kids lost interest, they have a new pet blah blah blah.

So from what we could see as she wasn't forthcoming with photos it didn't look like these two had very big cages, it was a lot worse. The first pic is one of cages, they have only had a wheel and one hide for the first year of their life and have never been named we have called them Tuppence and Terence. I shall share pics when they are settled. Poor things went mad going this way and that in their bin cages!

It does indeed appear more grim as these cages were their upgrade when they needed bigger cages, yes these 2 have lived in a much smaller cage if that is possible. I'd not even fit a pair of shoes in here!

received-3711192725637795 — ImgBB

And in comparison to the bin cage.

IMG-20210221-183413 — ImgBB

And our lovely bins. Bit of a team effort between me and my fiance, he walked over an hour to get the biggest bins we could click and collect while I went to buy whatever I could get my hands on, 2 big bags later this is what we have. We also have a big order coming with new bottles, dishes and brand new 20cm trixie wheels as I couldnt get wheels at the pet shop.

IMG-20210221-150949 — ImgBB

IMG-20210221-180541 — ImgBB

They are not minimum size, unfortunately for us we went by the website measurements while these are above min the box is smaller at the bottom and we didn't know so it's just under minimum but still it is definitely an improvement for now would you say? It took us an hour to remove gross green algae from Tuppances water bottle, Terences food bowl was caked in sticky left urine so it went right in the bin and we fished out as much dry bedding to give them something familiar but the bars, the base and most of it was urinated, sticky. It's obvious someone just poured out the old and refilled it without checking. The water must just be left in the bottle until its empty

Opinions on these bins for the boys? Anything else you'd add, specific things Russians enjoy in their cages you've found? They've got way more bedding and toys, tubes and things hidden to find, nice little treats hidden in the depths so they've plenty to do while before I darent think what they did to keep from going mad.
kezza30 is offline   Reply With Quote