View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 08:17 AM  
Dodo
Hamster Pup

Default Re: new nervous hamster owner

Hiya!

Thank you both for replying and for the detailed taming advice, much appreciated and very helpful. We did end up changing Cloudy's cage yesterday (I had promised my children, my husband was on board etc.) and I was a bit nervous about how he'd react. Of course I'll have a better idea in the next few days and weeks, but yesterday evening he seemed so pleased to roam his big enclosure. He immediately starting strutting around, foraging for his scattered mix and herbs and was happy to take some snacks from us. The massive sandbath also seems like a big hit, and this morning I found out he actually moved his nest to the small house I had placed there Anyway we'll see how big of a set back this is regarding the taming process, when you're unexperienced it is so hard to figure out whether this is a shy but willing hamster or just an untamable one that will never enjoy human contact. I'll keep doing out of cage taming once my kid are asleep for the next few weeks and see where that takes us. Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my message!
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote